If you've already set up a shipping rate inside the Better Shipping app, and you want to duplicate that shipping rate so you have a copy of it (or multiple copies), you can use our Duplicate shipping rate feature.
This is useful if you have already set up a shipping rate with zip/postal codes, prices or rules, and you want to create a similar shipping rate without having to set up the whole thing again. You can duplicate the rate, and then just adjust the important parts in the new duplicated rate.
We have an informal video how to duplicate a rate here:
We also have a blog article with similar instructions if you want to check that out. The blog also has a number of other helpful articles about Shopify shipping and using the Better Shipping app.
Or if you prefer, you can follow the step by step screenshots below how to duplicate and adjust a shipping rate in the Better Shipping app.
- Click the "Duplicate" button.
- Click on the new duplicated shipping rate by looking for the same name, with "copy" at the end of the name, and clicking on it.
- Change the name of the duplicated rate to the new name "Express", then click next.
- (optional) Change the zip codes of the rate. We will leave them the same in this case. Click next (or No if you are not using zip code restrictions).
or if not using zip/postal code restrictions, click No
- Click save and next to save the new name change.
- Adjust the prices to the new rate prices (you could use the bulk update tool at this point if you need to).
- Once updated, down the very bottom of the page, click next.
- (optional) If you are using tiered groups, adjust these prices now, and click next down the bottom of the page.
- (optional) Adjust any shipping rules for the new duplicated rate. In this case, for our Express rate we don't want to offer free shipping, so I will delete that rule.
- Click finish.
- Do some test orders to make sure it is working as you expect
And that is all there is to duplicating and editing a shipping rate. As always, if you have any issues with this, or anything else in the app, please contact us at email@example.com. We are always happy to jump in and help out.
Also make sure to check out our blog for more how-to, tips and tricks with Shopify and the Better Shipping app.